Use Separators with a ScanSnap
It is possible to use separators when you scan with a ScanSnap. To do it, you need to have FileCenter run OCR on ScanSnap scans. This article will describe how to set it up.
Step 1: Set Up an OCR Profile
First, you need to set up an OCR profile:
- Go to Settings
- Select Scan & OCR on the left
- You'll see a "..." button to the right of the Default OCR Profile; click it
- Click the Add button
- Call your profile "ScanSnap"
- On the OCR tab, select Make Searchable PDF if you want (not required)
- On the Separate tab, select Process Separators
- Click OK
- Click Close
Step 2: Enable OCR for ScanSnap Scans
Now back in the "Scan & OCR" settings, do this:
- In the ScanSnap section, select Run this OCR Profile on ScanSnap Scans
- Select the ScanSnap profile you just created
- Click OK
Now all scans coming in from the ScanSnap will be examined for separators and made searchable (if you selected that option).
A better solution starts right here.
Download your free trial and get on the path to better file organization in 2 minutes.
Fully-operational, 15-day trial. No strings attached.