Save Copy Button Doesn't Show Up in Outlook
If the "Save Copy" button isn't showing up in Outlook, there are a few things you can check.
Step 1: Make Sure You're Using FileCenter Professional
Some users get used to having the "Send Copy" button when running the trial, but after they purchase, the button disappears. This will happen if you buy FileCenter Standard instead of FileCenter Professional. Only FileCenter Professional includes the Outlook integration.
Step 2: Make Sure the Add-In is Installed
In FileCenter, go to the drop-arrow under the "Help" button > "Support Options" and click "Reinstall Outlook Addin". That will ensure that the add-in has been installed.
Step 3: Make Sure the Add-In is Enabled in FileCenter
In FileCenter, go to the "Settings" button and select "Outlook" on the left. Make sure that "Enable Outlook Integration" is checked.
Step 4: Make Sure the Add-In Hasn't Been Blocked in Outlook
Sometimes other add-ins conflict with FileCenter's add-in. In Outlook, go to the "File" tab > "Options" > "Add-ins". Then do the following:
- See if the FileCenter Add-in is listed in the Disabled Application Add-ins section
- If it is, change the "Manage" option to "Disabled Items" and click "Go"
- Select the FileCenter Add-in and click "Enable"
- Close and re-open Outlook
Now open Outlook and go back to Outlook's Add-Ins page. The FileCenter Add-in should now show up under "Active Add-ins". If it's under "Inactive Add-ins", go to "Manage" > "COM Add-ins" and put a check mark next to it. If it's under "Disabled Add-ins", go to "Manage" > "Disabled Items" and try to enable it again. If you can't enable it, you still have a conflict somewhere.
Step 5: Try Installing the Add-in Manually
Some users have more success installing it manually:
- In Outlook, go to the File tab > Options > Add-ins.
- Where it says Manage, select COM Add-ins and click GO.
- If the FileCenter Add-in is listed, select it and click Remove.
- Now click Add, and browse out to the add-in, which will normally be found in one of these places:
C:\Program Files (x86)\FileCenter\Main\FileCenterAddin.dll
- Click Ok
IMPORTANT: If you're using a 64-bit edition of Outlook, select the FileCenterAddin64.dll. Otherwise, select the FileCenterAddin.dll.
A better solution starts right here.
Download your free trial and get on the path to better file organization in 2 minutes.
- Fully-operational, 15-day trial
- Windows desktop software
- No credit card required, no strings attached.