Last Reviewed: April 13, 2023
There are two ways to "redact" or black-out elements in a PDF.
Edit PDF Image
Assuming you're on the latest version of FileCenter:
- Open the PDF in the Edit tab
- Click the Edit PDF Image button on the main toolbar (if you see a warning about text, or you don't have this button, skip to the alternate method below)
- Select Redact
- Redact the sections that need it
- Click Commit Changes
Alternate Method: Masking
- Open the PDF in the PDF Editor
- Click on the Rectangle Tool button on the editor's toolbar; this will display a Properties Toolbar
- On the Properties Toolbar, set both the Fill Color and the Stroke Color to black and the make sure the Opacity is 100%
- With your mouse, select the area on the PDF page that you want to redact
- Finally, click the Flatten Comments button on the editor's toolbar to merge your rectangle into the PDF
- Save your changes
A better solution starts right here.
Download your free trial and get on the path to better file organization in 2 minutes.
- Fully-operational, 15-day trial
- Windows desktop software
- No credit card required, no strings attached.