Set Which E-mail Program FileCenter Uses with Send
When you click the "Send" button, FileCenter is always going to use the default e-mail program, which is a Windows setting. There are two places where you can set this.
First, try Internet Options:
- Go to the Control Panel and select "Internet Options" (you can also get there from Internet Explorer's "Tools" menu > "Internet Options"
- Select the "Programs" tab
- Set the "E-mail" option to your e-mail program
- Click "Apply" and "OK"
If your program isn't in the list, this means it isn't capable of being registered as the default e-mail program (there are certain criteria that not all e-mail programs meet; specifically, it has to provide a MAPI engine).
You can also set it from Windows Default Programs. In Windows XP, you'll find this under the "Start" button in the right-hand column, called "Set Program Access Defaults". In newer versions of Windows, it's in the Control Panel under "Default Programs".
- Select the "Custom" option
- Click the drop-arrow to expand it
- For "Default E-mail Program", try selecting "Use my current e-mail program" (which uses the one you set in Internet Options earlier), or also try setting it explicitly to your e-mail program.
- Click OK
Again, if your program doesn't appear in the list, it's because it isn't capable of being registered with Windows as a default e-mail handler.
You may need to tinker with settings in both sections to get it working the way you want. There may also be a setting somewhere in your e-mail program where you can have it set itself as the default e-mail program in Windows.
A better solution starts right here.
Download your free trial and get on the path to better file organization in 2 minutes.
- Fully-operational, 15-day trial
- Windows desktop software
- No credit card required, no strings attached.