Scanning Starts as Soon as a Document is Placed in the Feeder
Your sheet-fed scanner starts scanning as soon as you put a document in the feeder. The scan is never sent to FileCenter.
Some WIA scanners set themselves up with Windows so that they will begin scanning as soon as a document is placed in their feeder. However, this prevents our software from receiving the document.
A simple solution is to change the scanner's setting that allows it to begin scanning automatically:
- Go to the Windows Control Panel > "Devices and Printers" (or "Printers and Other Hardware" in Windows XP)
- Look for your scanner in the "Devices" section ("Scanners and Cameras" in Windows XP)
- Right-click on the scanner and select "Properties"
If you're able to change the settings, you'll see a tab labeled "Events". On this tab there should be a combo box listing all possible events for the scanner and the desired action following each event.
The offending event will probably be called something like "Paper loaded into feeder." Select this event in the combo box and then select "Take No Action." If you're unsure which event is causing the problem you can specify "Take No Action" for every event. Apply your changes when finished.
Now the scanner will not scan automatically when loaded.
A better solution starts right here.
Download your free trial and get on the path to better file organization in 2 minutes.
- Fully-operational, 15-day trial
- Windows desktop software
- No credit card required, no strings attached.