Last Reviewed: February 23, 2023
Installing for a Limited User
"Limited Users" in Windows do not have permission to install programs. Here are the steps for installing a FileCenter program for a limited user:
- Log in with the Administrator account
- Download the latest version of the program (see FileCenter Downloads).
- As Administrator, run the installer
- When there is a choice between installing for All Users or Current User, select All Users or All Users with Roaming Profiles (if you want each user to have their own settings and preferences).
- After the installation is complete, the Administrator can then log out and the Limited User can log in.
If for some reason the user doesn't get a shortcut on their desktop, create it manually (the programs are typically installed to "C:\Program Files\FileCenter\Main" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\FileCenter\Main").
When the limited user first launches the program, the product key may need to be re-entered.
A better solution starts right here.
Download your free trial and get on the path to better file organization in 2 minutes.
- Fully-operational, 15-day trial
- Windows desktop software
- No credit card required, no strings attached.