How Do I Scan a Large Document in Pieces?
Sometimes a document is too large to fit in the document feeder, requiring you to scan it in pieces. The challenge is getting those pieces into a single file. How you do this depends on the product you're using for scanning.
- Start a Scan
- Select the option called "Prompt for More"
- Scan the first stack
- When the end of the stack is reached, FileCenter will ask if there are more pages to scan
- Load the next stack of pages and click "Yes"
- Continue in this manner until you have scanned the whole document
If you scan from a network scanner that doesn't integrate with FileCenter, you will end up with multiple files – one file for each stack you scanned. FileCenter Professional can help you join the files into a single file:
- Locate the files in FileCenter
- Determine the order of the files – in other words, figure out which file has the first pages, which file follows, and so on. We'll refer to these files as file 1, file 2, etc.
- Drag-and-drop file 2 onto file 1
- When prompted, select "PDF Append" and confirm
- Repeat, dropping file 3 onto file 1
- Continue in this manner until you have appended all of the files to file 1
- When you're comfortable that the operation was successful, delete all of the files except file 1
Follow the instructions for a Network Scanner above.
A better solution starts right here.
Download your free trial and get on the path to better file organization in 2 minutes.
- Fully-operational, 15-day trial
- Windows desktop software
- No credit card required, no strings attached.