Thunderbird and Outlook Compared
This topic describes the differences between the way FileCenter integrates with Thunderbird and Outlook. The Thunderbird comparison will be the same for Eudora and other email clients.
Thunderbird doesn't support all of the features of the Outlook integration, but it does handle common tasks well. Here are the differences:
- Saving an e-mail message to file from the "File" > "Save" menu works better in Thunderbird (Outlook tries to default to RTF format for saved messages).
- The "Send" button in FileCenter works equally well with Outlook or Thunderbird.
- When you're writing an email message and need to attach a file, both Thunderbird and Outlook present a FileCenter dialog for selecting files.
- When saving attached files, both Thunderbird and Outlook present a FileCenter dialog for selecting a save-to location.
- Dragging/dropping email messages into FileCenter only works from Outlook.
- Only Outlook has a custom FileCenter button for doing "Send and Save" or "Save a Copy" of emails.
A better solution starts right here.
Download your free trial and get on the path to better file organization in 2 minutes.
- Fully-operational, 15-day trial
- Windows desktop software
- No credit card required, no strings attached.